Saturday, September 13, 2008

We are blessed

Today, I decided to try and think of all the positive things that we should be looking at. When we go see Colt, we have to pass by a few other babies in the NICU. There's 66 babies in the whole unit. They come from all over because Baylor has one of the best NICU units. But in Colt's nursery there's 4 other babies. The biggest one was born weighing 3lbs4oz. There's a set of twin girls who were triplets at birth. One was 1 lb3 oz and 1 lb4 oz and 12oz. Obviously one didn't make it. It is so sad to see how tiny they are and know that they will be there for a long time. So here I am so sad that they are going to keep my baby for another week or so. I can look at them and know that I really have so much to be thankful for. It could be so much worse. So I'm trying to keep my chin up and know that he will be home with us very soon. Today my parents went up there and stayed for a few hours just holding him. I'm very thankful for that so he doesn't have to be alone so much. I would sit up there all day if I could. I just know I need to be trying to heal and rest as much as possible. They took the iv out of his head and put it in his arm. He's having a hard time because he loved to suck on his hand. Now it's all wrapped up and he can't suck on it. It's kinda cute but sad in a way. I'm just glad it's not in his head anymore. He's starting to get really fussy because he's so hungry. They have an iv in him but that doesn't satisfy his hunger. Today, while I went to pump, Jared held him for a while. He said he starting screaming at Jared and it took a minute to get him to calm down. I thought it was kinda funny because we haven't had to deal with any screaming yet. I never thought I would appreciate the sound of his cry. So I came back from pumping and held him. I felt so bad because he wanted to nurse because he was hungry but he can't eat yet. Hopefully he'll be a good eater when he finally gets to eat. We stayed for a while and said goodbye for the night. He's just so perfect and precious. He's definitely going to be spoiled when he comes home. I never thought I could love something so much. I am thankful for all of you who are keeping us in your prayer. I know that I could not get through any of this without the strength from God. I'll try to take more pictures tomorrow when we go up there so I can post more. He changes so much everyday.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Hey Kristi, I know I haven't left you any comments, but I have been keeping up and praying for you guys. He sure is cute! Get some rest and I look forward to when I see that he is home just as much as you do!!!