Monday, September 22, 2008

Our First Night

Well, we survived out first night at home. Between irrigating, pumping, feeding and changing his diaper I don't know when we're supposed to sleep. I guess this is what everyone has warned us about. I will be glad when he learns how to nurse and that will eliminate at least one thing that keeps me awake. I was excited this morning because he nursed really well but tonight he wasn't interested again. I hope he hasn't gotten too used to the bottle. We'll keep working on it. The irrigation thing is really messy. We're gonna have to figure out a better place to do it. Today he not only squirted poop on the changing table but it got on the wall! So we might try his bath tub. He's a trooper though. He doesn't like it but he tolerates it. Hopefully we won't have to do it for too much longer. So, the Dr. gave me permission to drive today. Jared is going back to work tomorrow so I'm on my own for the first time. I think I'll sleep when he sleeps. Today was a busy day and we didnt have any time to relax. Wednesday is his peditrician appt and Thursday is the appt with his surgeon. So hopefully tomorrow will be a nice peaceful day. Here's some pictures









2 comments:

Those Brumley Boys said...

Look at how Jared is holding him (watching TV, I would think). They are holding their heads the same...too cute!

Anonymous said...

We are so glad that he has come home! Sounds like you guys are having a lot of fun being new parents. It will get easier. And nursing is truly the best when you and baby figure it out and get on a good schedule. It's really tough for the first 6 long weeks but after that you have past all the large obstacles and it's great after that.