Friday, September 12, 2008

No definate answers yet

Well, today wasn't the best day. I had to leave my room. We had to leave the hospital without our son. It was probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I know that he will be fine and God is taking care of him. I just hate not having him here with me. I hate not being able to give him what he needs to make him better. I hate not being able to just pick him up because he has all these tubes in his mouth and arm. So now that I've vented for a minute, I'll try to be more positive. We did find out some news today but once again, it's nothing for sure. The biopsy they did is still being looked at. They've gone through some of it and haven't found any cells which means it's looking like he has the disease. But they still have more tissue to go through. So there's still a little hope that there will be some of the nerve cells in parts of the tissue they haven't gone through. They will be done going through the cells by Monday morning and will make the final conclusion then. Once that is made, they'll be able to decide what to do. Honestly if he has the disease, I just want to know so we can make a plan and bring him home. Of course I'd rather him not have it but if he does than we'll deal with it and do what it takes to make him better so we can bring him home. I just want my baby home with us. So that's the news we got today. I was hoping for something better but we'll deal with what we got. I know that there's a reason for all of this and God has a plan for us. I have faith that God will take care of him when his mama can't. As always, please continue to keep us in your prayers and know that we appreciate all of them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kristi, I know you are having a hard time right now and I don't have the right words to help you feel better and I dearly wish that I did. But I do know that you are in the best hands out there and those are God's. He is with you and your baby. We are praying for you all.

teachergirl said...

Awww, Kristi. I had to leave Jared, too. It was so very hard and I cried. I spent my days after discharge at the hospital and the nurses were wonderful to show me how to change diapers, give baths and how to nurse and make sure he was latching on. It was 4 days before I got to even hold him and another day or two before he could nurse. He caught on quickly and made up for lost time and I bet Colt will too. Still praying...

Rae (from school)