Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Still in the hospital

Well, Colt is still here. I went to work yesterday. It wasn't a great day for my poor baby. So I'm glad Jared was with him all day. I hate seeing him so uncomfortable. He kept spitting up. His bowels haven't started working yet so he's spitting up and his stomach is very hard and distended. He slept better last night and we had a great nurse last night. Jared went home last night because he had to be at work at 6:30 this morning so i stayed by myself. It wasn't so bad. The "very uncomfortable bed" is a little more comfortable when I don't have to share it. Colt slept better last night too so we both got some much needed sleep. The nurse this morning was a little worried about his stomach being so hard and she's not hearing any bowel sounds at all so she called the dr. He said it is very common and that's what he expected. It just takes some time for his bowels to work. But when they start working he'll be able to eat and be all better. Can't wait for that. He just looks at me with these pitiful eyes. I know he's just wondering why we're doing this to him. i hate not being able to help him be more comfortable. But i know that hopefully a week from now he'll be almost back to normal. Again, thanks to all of you who have been praying for us and Colt's recovery!

No comments: