Monday, December 8, 2008

Dr. Update

We went to Dr. last Thursday. He weighed 15.4 lbs. Wow! He's getting big. I know there will be a day when I think 15 pounds is nothing but for now, I'm very excited he's gained so much weight. I went to the Dr. with a list of questions. Most of them I already knew the answer to but just wanted affirmation. One I wasn't sure about was feeding colt cereal. I asked it he was still going to be able to start getting cereal at 4 months. He said he should be fine and he should be able to eat like a normal baby after this surgery. I also asked about doing the rectal irrigation's after the surgery. Originally he told us after the surgery we would have to do that for a little while. But what he told me Thursday was we won't have to do that unless he's not pooping well. Then he said there's a small chance that he will need additional surgery in the future but he didn't see that happening. I think I've read that there's like 5-10 % of kids with Hircshcprungs that have problems after surgery. So we'll just pray that Colt doesn't fall in that 5-10%. So this time next week we'll be so incredibly excited about the surgery. I don't know if excited is a good word. I'm still very scared and nervous for my little boy to have surgery (for the 3rd time) but I know it's what has to happen for him to live a healthy normal life. Well, I'll post a few new pictures. Hope you enjoy!

I love all his expressions


Only if he could do this all the time

No comments: