Monday, October 20, 2008

Things are looking up

Well, we took our first road trip with Colt. It went pretty good. Every year we go to my family reunion. Usually we have to drive 4 or 5 hours but this year, my parents were in charge so they chose Lake Whitney. We were glad since it's only a few hours away. We stayed at this peacock farm right on the lake. It was really a beautiful weekend to be outdoors. So when we got there, Colt's bag had leaked so we had to change it that afternoon. Then that night it had leaked again so we changed it again. It was a stressful night because I was really starting to worry about not having enough bags. But that one lasted until yesterday morning. So the longest we've gotten one to stay on is 2 days which the colostomy nurse said that's now long they will probably last. Well, other than having to change the bags, we had a great weekend catching up with family. I have a cousin that I haven't seen in years and she was there with her kids. It's really weird to see all my cousins with spouses and kids. We're all grown up! So today we went to the Arboretum to take pictures of Colt with the pumpkins. I thought it would be a good day to go since it's a weekday and maybe it wouldn't be so crowded. Man was I wrong. There were so many "stay at home" moms there with their little ones. It was so crowded! But we were able to get some really good pictues. Of course it would've been so much easier if he could hold his head up but that's okay. Next year will be really fun. A big thanks goes out to my cousin Sara for going with us and taking the pictures. I also had a Dr.'s appt today. All went well. Then we had lunch with my dad and came home. Tonight we're gonna try to put let him sleep in his bed, even if he starts crying. Wish us luck! Here's a bunch of pictures from today.....
"I can't wait to go to my first Ranger's game"

"Just chillin with my pepaw"

"I love my memaw too"








"My cousin Sara is making weird faces at me"

"What in the world are ya'll doing to me?"

"Okay I'm bored now"

"I love my cousin Sara"

Mama's sweet boy

"What are ya'll doing to me?"

"Okay so I can't really hold my head up yet"

"Okay mom, that's like the 100th kiss you've given me today"



"Okay mom, I'm done!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute kristi! We still have never taken our kids to a pumpkin patch..hahaha...what bad parents we are! I am glad you guys are doing so well. Looking at the pictures you would never be able to tell that you guy has had a rough time. He is so cute!