Thursday, October 23, 2008

Dr. Updates

Yesterday we went to the nutritionist. I think it was a waste of time. I guess it kinda set a bad tone with me when they weighed him and he only weighed 9.7. I was sure he had gained weight since we'd been in the hospital. So then, we go into a room with a girl that looks younger than me. She didn't really tell me anything I didn't already know. Her only suggestion was to add some formula to my breast milk to add calories so he can catch up to where he's suppose to be. He's a little behind in the weight area but ahead in the height area. So basically he's tall and skinny. Wonder how long that will last? So today was a better day. We went to the surgeon and on their scale he weighed 10.7. So either he gained a pound in 24 hours or the scale yesterday was way off. He'd been weighed at the surgeon before. Two weeks ago he weighed 9.4 so I think he's gaining weight at a good rate. I'm still gonna add a little formula to the breast milk just to make sure he's getting enough calories. Another positive that came from the surgeon was a possible date for the next surgery. We told him our insurance situation. Right now they pay 100% but starting Jan 1st they'll only pay 80%. So he had no problem with scheduling surgery the last week of December. He said he usually does the pull through surgery around 3-6 months of age so Colt will be almost 4 months. Also, I'll already be out of school so i won't have to miss anymore. So it was a good day. Also, last night he slept 4 hours two times in a row. So he only woke up at 12:30 and 4:30. Maybe he'll keep that up. So that's the updates for now.

No comments: