Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The Biggest Loser

Okay well, I have really wanted to lose some weight for a while now. Actually right after we got engaged (almost 2 years ago), I thought I would lose weight. But I just never got motivated enough. So we decided at work to do our own Biggest Loser Contest. There's 5 of us who are "enlisted" as we call it. We will each pitch in $20. By the end of March, whoever loses the most weight will win all of it. So now, I'm motivated. So how am I going to do it. I could run, like my good friend Kerrie does every morning. But I'm not much of a runner. I could join the gym .... but it's too expensive (not to mention crowded this time of year). So I'm just gonna do the good ole, cutting calories, smaller portions, and exercising. One way I thought would motivate me is to keep a journal. So you all are going to get the first hand experience of my attempt at "The biggest loser contest". So here I go with Day One....

Day One:
Woke up at 8. Did a 10 minutes high impact workout video. I ate one granola bar with 1 cup of raspberries and blackberries. At 1030 I ate 1 piece of celery (which shouldn't count since it taste like water) and 1/2 cup of raspberries. At 2 I ate a cup of stew with some raw carrots. At around, 5, I ate some more carrots and a few cherries. ( I do work in a grocery store so I have easy access to all these scrumptious, yet expensive berries). By the time I got home around 8, I was starving. I had 4 oz of rotisserie chicken, 2 pieces of pickled okra, and a salad (with the new Light Asian Roasted dressing my mother in law introduced me to). Then at 9 I did two more 10 minutes workout videos. That's my day in a nutshell. If I can keep this up for 11 more weeks, I'll be $100 richer! Wish me luck!!!

No comments: