Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Spring is here!!!


Well, Jared and I are really enjoying life. Sometimes I feel like I'm too lucky because God has blessed us so much. Other than my kids driving me crazy sometimes.... or most of the time... I think we are so very lucky to have what God has given us.
We just finished Spring Break. I have to admit that in the past, I was desperate to go back to school because my 1st graders were a whole lot easier to handle than my own kids! I know it sounds crazy, but it's true! BUT I can say that this was not the case this week as I was coming back to school. I love my job but my kids were so much fun last week. I think since Landry is getting older, it's easier for us to do fun things. This was our week

Monday we went to the zoo. When we got there, it was 46 degrees! Very cold!! But it warmed up and turned out to be a beautiful day. I had some helpers too. My niece, nephew and one of their friends joined us.

 We got to feed the giraffes! Colt was a champ. Landry was a little unsure
 Here's the whole crew looking at the penguins. Too cold for me!
 Colt is being eaten by an alligator!
 My son cannot take a serious picture! He's always a goofball!
 We were riding the train. They were both amazed.
 My monkey
 She was looking at a huge snake!
 They all got into a twister machine. It blows wind hard enough to make you feel like you're in a twister.
 Petting the goats
 CHEESE!!!
Landry got up close and personal with the goat
 Tuesday was my birthday so I dropped the kids off with my niece and got a massage,, manicure and pedicure. So I don't have many pictures from Tuesday. This is Landry saying she's taking a nap while we were at Colt's practice. It was a little chilly and below is just a picture of my precious kiddos. My mom just got this outfit for Landry. Super cute!
 Wednesday we went to the Kylde Warren park that they just  built in Dallas. It's on top of 75 across from the museum.  I wasn't too impressed. They only had this one piece of playground equipment and it was a little dangerous. Landry got so high she was out of my reach! They did have food trucks that were really good (but too expensive)








  Thursday, we all went to the dentist. Landry was concerned for her brother but Colt did so good. This is his 3rd time going to the dentist and he's always such a pro. Landry will have her turn at the end of this year when she turns 3.

We also had to figure out how to waste some time cause Luke and Lex  both had an appt too so we found a park nearby






 Friday night we went to our favorite Mexican Restaurant. Of course, daddy always sits by Colt. He's not near as messy as a certain someone else. :)

 Saturday we spent the day trying to fix up our flower garden and finished the day at the park. We've never put much work into our flower bed. But I wanted to make an effort this year. IT really is a huge EFFORT! We spend all day getting grass and weeds out of the flower bed. I planted marigolds, salvias that were already grown. I also planted some iris bulbs and some morning glories. I'm anxious for everything to bloom. Sunday we started the garden in the back. Last year, we did okra. This year we're going to try peppers and okra. Jake has also been growing some squash for one of his classes. He'll bring that home soon. There's such a sense of pride in growing your own food. Hopefully the Texas heat will allow some good produce this year!


This isn't really before. This is after all the grass and weeds were out. Also  Jared trimmed up the bushes.
This isn't really a good finished product. We got a medal gate with a star on it for decoration. I can't wait to see what it all looks like when the iris's come in and the morning glories wrap themselves around the gate.

No comments: