Wednesday, May 26, 2010

It's a GIRL!!

Well, if you know me, you already know that we found out Monday that we're having a girl. We cannot even begin to understand why God has blessed us so much. We have truly been blessed with the most precious little boy that has changed our world completely. Now, in October we will be welcoming a little girl into our world. We went to the high risk Dr. on Monday. He measured every little thing you could think of. WE saw her feet, hands, all 4 chambers of her heart, the brain, stomach, liver, kidneys, diaphragm, and much more that I don't even remember. The best news is everything was perfect. She was measuring right on time. Her head was a normal size. By this time with Colt, he was measuring way ahead and his head was off the charts! So I'm thinking I might not have another 9lb 10oz baby! Unfortunately the reason I was going to this Dr. is to see if we could detect Hirschprungs disease which is what Colt had when he was born. He thought he might be able to detect it at 20 weeks but the baby was not producing enough "poop" for him to see anything. But what he did see looked good. Stomach and intestines weren't enlarged yet but that doesn't mean they won't get that way later on. He said my regular OB should be able to detect it later on in a sonogram. Honestly, I'm not really worried. The odds are really low and the disease is more prominent in boys. I was just thankful my Dr.referred me to him b/c if she hadn't I would still have no idea that she was is a girl. So, we are thrilled beyond words. I cannot wait to start buying girl clothes and find girl bedding and girl everything! She's also gonna have a girl cousin really close in age. Jared's sister is going to have a baby at the end of June. So they'll only be 4 months apart! We are going to name her Landry Faith. I can't wait to meet her! I'll post pictures later. Just wanted to share the news!

1 comment:

Rupinder said...

Baby shopping is not easy but with internet access it makes so easy you can choose all the things from babygiftstore.co.uk for your little angel baby.



Nursery Bedding